Thursday, May 14, 2009

What a day!

Okay, well the apartment I now reside in is officially a zoo, as of today. Ugh! This poor little doggy was wandering the streets near my work yesterday, he clearly belongs to someone. He's pretty well-mannered and very sweet. Not being able to just let him be, I decided to take him home until his owner could be located. So far, no luck, but I will continue to put up flyers in the area and at the shelter and vets' offices. He gets along just great with Maya, Chloe too (Chloe isn't in love with him though- just tolerates him, lol). Just when I thought the house was pretty full, the new dog (I call him Lucas- Luke for short), started whining at the sliding glass door. I had heard a noise earlier, but it sounded like a bird to me and ignored it. But since Luke was so insistent on it, I listened closer and discovered it was a kitten meowing. I went outside and found that it was inside a car, under the hood. I had to get ahold of the neighbor and have him pop the hood, and out came the little black 5 week old kitty cat. So now, I have a new dog and new kitten, temporary of course. They both received well needed baths, those dirty little things. But I just thought I'd share with you my little adventures yesterday. Any of you want a free little kitten??? Anyone know of someone missing their doggy???
***Update: I have found a home for the kitty! Yay!!! One down, one to go...




8 comments:

hoLLy said...

hes a cute little guy!(the dog, the cat-ehhh :) you are such a sweet animal rescuer tara!

ACDC2005 said...

You are so nice! And your permanent pets are so nice to put up with all the visitors right now. I hope you find them homes soon! :)

Me said...

You are sweet Tara! And that little guy is a cutie!! Seems well behaved! He must be missed.

cyndi/mom/nana said...

What a great rescue 911 person you are for sure these animals are lucky to have you and Chloe and Maya are good to be good hosts as well. Luke definitely looks like he would be missed by someone. I think that the newspaper well here anyway, will put a free Ad in for found pets. Take care and thanks for all you do to save these otherwise would be has been pets.

Tiffany said...

He's sure a cutie! hats off to you for being such a animal lover. If I could manage, I 'd do the same.

Patty said...

The dog is really cute. Have you found his owner yet?

Tara D. said...

Nope, no one is claiming the poor little guy. We're starting to think that maybe someone just dumped him. :(

hoLLy said...

so, what are you going to do then?