Sunday, May 31, 2009

Getting bigger (the dog, not me)!

It's been a while since I've posted about Charlie, so I thought I'd do so and give a little update. Charlie is one heck of a feisty little guy and very stubborn, lol. He has his good days, they are very few and far between. He really just prefers to keep to himself. But I still can't help but love the little booger. You should she him "play" with Maya, it's hilarious! You see, Maya thinks he's playing, but he's not. He gets really mad at her and chases her all around the apartment; Maya thinks it's the best game ever, lol. Poor Charlie! ;) And I can't get him to stop biting me, luckily it never hurts much. It's more of a pinch than anything. We still let him out all the time, he does his own thing. I think I can say it's a love-hate relationship. We love him, he hates us (most of the time). I think he's the cutest when he's mad, so I have no problem with his attitude. His tude just makes him unique.
He does love his dog treats, below I've posted a video is him eating them. That's one of the few times he nice to me, he just wants the food, lol. He's such a terd! :)
Look at that fat face. How could you not love a little face like that?!?
He looks like he's up to something...
Aha! I caught you chewing on Arthur's shoelaces. Shame on you, Charlie!!! ;)
I love seeing him sleep. He's so cute when he starts having his prairie doggy dreams.
He's having one here, lol.

Yummy!!! I prefer to hand feed him his dog food; it always makes for a pleasant experience. Anything to have a happy Charlie.

7 comments:

Patty said...

I'd be a little nervous with those long claws he has. Does he ever scratch you? He sure is a character.

Abby said...

I agree with your mom. His long claws would seriously make me nervous. He is so cute, though. I love the picture of him sleeping.

Tara D. said...

His claws aren't like a cat's claws. They're not exactly sharp, but if he's really trying to get out of my grasp like a maniac, sometimes it scratches me a bit. His claws are more like a dogs. Does that help? lol

hoLLy said...

that second mischievous picture of him is so funny-he looks like he secretly pooped under your pillow and doesn't want you to find out.

and the song choice is interesting. are you calling yourself strange? or charlie? or both? :)

Grammy Staffy said...

I had no idea that you could tame a prairie dog.... but then are you taming him or is he training you? He looks so cute but I bet he thinks he is the king of the house. I am surprised that the dogs put up with him.

Darling pictures. My grandkids will love the video.
(((hugs))) Grammy Lura

Tonya said...

My daughter loves this. I am also amazed you could tame a prairie dog. I would love to know how old he is.

Tara D. said...

Charlie is about 14 weeks old now- he's still young. I'd really like to get a little girl next year (you can only get pups in the months of April and May) to keep him company. :) And tame? I don't know if that would be the word I'd use, lol. He's fearless!