Wednesday, January 7, 2009

With the new year, comes new changes

For those of you who aren't aware, I'm having my rhinoplasty at the end of this month. I'd talked about this sometime last year and finally set the date for the 29th of January. I'm both nervous and excited (more excited than nervous); I can't believe it's almost here! I heard both mixed reactions to my decision, but I've done the research and understand the risks involved. I guess this is where the nervousness comes in, I guess there's no way to know for certain what the outcome will be. The recovery is also something I'm not looking forward to, but I gotta do it. I do know that if I don't do this, I'll regret it forever. So, this is my final decision. I love the surgeon, he listened to all of my concerns and gave me answers to all of my questions. Because the procedure is just weeks away, I'm becoming more and more anxious. I find myself taking a lot more pictures, so that I can morph them and get an idea of what I could look like. Below, I attached a before and virtual after. After speaking with the surgeon about what all my rhinoplasty will consist of, this is the best visualization I could come up with. I hope it turns out like this, or close enough to it. I'm counting the days!


Oh, and I think I'll keep "The Final Countdown" as the background music, as it still applies. :)

14 comments:

ACDC2005 said...

I say, if it makes you happy and you're doing it for you, then by all means go for it girl! I'm sure everything will go great! Good luck! I wish you a speedy recovery and I can't wait to see pictures when it's all said and done! :)

Nicole said...

You know when you told me you were going to have this surgery... I had mix feelings. I wasn't to keen on the idea. But now... I'm really excited for you! I hope everything works out! I love you. Nicole

Tara D. said...

Aw, thanks Nicole (and of course Aimee too), I'm glad you feel better about it. Thanks for the kind words! :)

Josh and Libby said...

Good for you! Do what you want! But make sure you put recovery pics up, can't wait to see huge white gauze across your face! I wish you the best, speedy recovery! I'm sure it will be wonderful! Good luck!

Devri said...

I think you are one hot babe, whether you do it or not..

I love you now, and will love you after too.feaky sounding, I know.

The Freds said...

Looks great Tara. Hope it all turns out the way you want.

Tiffany said...

You know, I say "go for it!" I think if it makes you happy and you have the means to do it, more power to you! We're rooting for you and look forward to the updates as they come. Take of yourself.

Patty said...

It's getting close! Good luck and I'm sure everything will go fine and you will be happy with it!!

Grammy Staffy said...

Good luck Tara. I wish you the very best. I will put your name in the temple before your surgery if you want me to. I will also keep you in my prayers.

hoLLy said...

I agree with Tiffany exactly,"I think if it makes you happy and you have the means to do it, more power to you."

We'll pray that it goes perfectly and that you get the end result you are dreaming of! Love ya!

HIRSCHI FAMILY said...

Good Luck Tara! Can't wait to hear everything well and then of course to see the new nose! Love ya

Anayansi said...

Good Luck Tara! I am really excited for you. You'll be in my prayers.

-Melissa- said...

Good luck! Keep us updated.

Cindy said...

You know I support you 100%. It's getting closer....please let me know if you need me to help you out with anything!