Saturday, January 31, 2009

Post-op picture Day 3

***Hey Holly, I know you didn't want to see any pics of me all yucky and bandaged, but I think this one is pretty mild. You can take your hands off your eyes now! ;)
I decided to post at least one picture for now. This one shows the least amount of swelling and bruising, that's why I chose this one. I wouldn't dare to show a view from the front, as it would probably scare the crap out of many of you. I look pretty strange and super puffy all over! The only pain I've really experienced is an occasional throbbing behind my eyes and some headaches. And this is really very minor; I think I've been lucky as far as recovery goes. It's been pretty much a breeze. The only negative about all of this has been my ability (or lack of) to sleep. I have to sit upright at about a forty-five degree angle to sleep. But last night I was able to sleep much better than the first night. On that first night, I woke up at least every hour of the night. I only awoke maybe 3 times during the night last night, very much an improvement. I have sneezed a few times since the surgery too. I've been very careful to sneeze out my mouth as not to cause any damage to my nose, so far so good. However, it does give me a moderate headache if I sneeze. So in addition to my vicodin and antibiotics, I have been taking my allergy meds off and on to avoid any chance of sinus issues. Anyhoos, that's about it for now. Arthur wanted me to say what a good job he's done of taking care of me, and yes, he has. Thanks Arthur! :) I'll now be going, and I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks for all of the sweet comments and encouragement from you all. I really appreciate it!

9 comments:

Nathan, Kassie and Emilie said...

Looks great! Your nose looks the least swollen of everything, kinda strange. Can't wait to see the final product :)

Me said...

It's gonna be a cute nose! And your right with all that swelling, I could not even tell it was you!! Glad that all is well. Can't wait to see when the swelling is all gone! Bet you can't either!!

hoLLy said...

the nose looks great. and you're right-its not as "yucky" as i feared:) just swelling that will take some time to go down. sorry you haven't been sleeping well-you're in my prayers that everything turns out just the way you wanted! hang in there-recovery can be a poophead.

cyndi/mom/nana said...

Nice to hear you are doing well. I think it looks great. Glad to hear you are being cared for as well. We will continue to keep you in our prayers as well, headaches are a bummer but I'm sure it'll all be forgotten soon. Take care and I agree with Holly recovery can be a definite poophead.

Grammy Staffy said...

I think that your nose looks great.... now we will just have to wait for the swelling and bruising to go away and you will be georgous. I hope that each night you will be able to sleep better and better. My prayers are with you. love, Lura

Cindy said...

The nose looks great!! Sorry about the sleeping and the sneezing. I never even thought how hard it would be if you had to sneeze!! (Bless You!!)

And yes, thanks to Arthur for being such an excellent care taker!!

Patty said...

Boy, this picture looks a lot better than the rest you sent me! In no time you will be back to normal. I love you. It looks great!!

Yvonne Kizerian said...

Tara, I'm so glad things went well. I hope the sleeping gets better. I've been thinking about you a bunch! :) :)

-Melissa- said...

I'm glad things are going well. The nose looks great!