Saturday, August 23, 2008

Butterflies and Books!

Yesterday I received a couple of birthday presents in the mail. How exciting!!! Not just one present, but two. It was like my birthday all over again. So let me just say thank you to both my sister and my best friend, Nicole. I love my gifts!

My sister had gotten me a Live Butterfly Garden; she's had one before and really enjoyed it. After I received the supplies and little enclosure for the butterflies, I sent out the coupon for my live caterpillars. And I was so happy to see that they finally arrived yesterday. Over the next couple of weeks or so, they will grow larger, turn into chrysalides, and develop into Painted Lady Butterflies.

Here they are, the little wormies, eating their poop-like food. Behind them, is their net-like enclosure that they will live in once they turn into chrysalides. I can't wait!!! I'll post pictures as they develop.

Now onto my second gift of the day. Nicole sent this really sweet book to me, I Like You by Sandol Stoddard Warburg. It's the cutest book and really describes our relationship to a tee. Nicole, you can be the crocodile with the doily on its head, I'll be the crazy lady in the hat, okay?!?

I thought that these pages near the end were perfect, except what's up with the look on that camel's face (it looks like he wants to hurt someone). But seriously, it's exactly how I feel about you, Nicole. It reads, "I would go on choosing you, And you would go on choosing me, Over and over again"

"That's how it would happen every time, I don't know why". Yes, Nicole, if I had to do everything all over again, you will always be my best friend!
Thanks again, girls. I love both of you very much!!!

9 comments:

hoLLy said...

yea! i'm glad they came in! and i'm glad you like your lil presents. enjoy!

Patty said...

That will be fun watching those things become butterflies! Good gift Holly! That book was a cute idea. Nicole is a good friend. Happy Birthday again!!

Love,
Mom

Grammy Staffy said...

What fun gifts. Happy birthday all over again.
Haqve a good day.

cyndi/mom/nana said...

Those butterflies will be cute to watch. I've enjoyed reading your blog "lurking" and just wanted to complement how pretty it is and how cute you and Holly are with your posts. Will watch for the growth of the worms. The book is also so cute I love books like that there a lot of fun to read. Good friends that's great.

-Melissa- said...

My boys loved watching the caterpillars turn into butterflies. It is amazing how fast they change.

Yvonne Kizerian said...

You know what they say, "Your birthday's not over until you get the last present!!"

I've been wanting to do the butterfly thing for a while. I'm anxious to see what happens. :)

Tiffany said...

That live butterfly thing is such a cool idea!

Anayansi said...

that is really a sweet book. what great gifts.

Kris said...

Tara,
Thanks for stopping by my post (with Lura's suggestion) and for visiting my friend, Jan's.

The book you received for your birthday is a favorite of mine. It was popular when I was a teenager. I often quote parts of it to my husband and he to me. Recently, I saw that it was for sale and snapped it up. The original book must be around here somewhere but I don't know where. The new one has a place of honor in our family room. However, the orange cover does clash a bit so I don't know how long this honored spot will last...beauty is #1 around here!