Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Little Red Sonic Button

Yesterday I had the privilege of visiting with my sister, Holly, and the kiddos. We enjoyed the day by going to a local aquatic center for some serious swim-time in the sun, and then drove to a nearby Sonic for some yummy food. It was 1:40 when we pulled into Sonic, and for all you super Sonic-lovers, you know that Happy Hour (1/2 price slushes and drinks) doesn't start until 2:00pm. So, whatever did we do, you ask? We ordered our food first with plans to order our slushes at 2:00; we figured we'd be finished with our meals by two. Here's where the drama of the button unfolds. My sister pushes the little red button and places her order, she had to have to guy repeat a few things because the speaker was so lousy and you could barely understand a word he was saying. I pushed the same button to place my order. Along comes the food and they'd overcharged Holly and given her the wrong burger. So, she pushes that little red button to tell them their mistake. But rather than bringing out the receipt to show her the correction on her credit card, one of the girls just brings out some cash and hands it to her. "Wait a second, the cash back should have been more than this!" So, she's forced to push that little button again and explain that she should've have gotten more back. Eventually, they are able to fix their mistake after many a button-pushin', but wait, we still have to place our drink orders! AAAAHHHHHHHH I guess Holly could have pushed that little red button one more time, but the thought of it was too repulsive. We decided to pull out and park along the other side of Sonic; Holly and I switched seats so that I would be the one ordering (I even changed MY voice a little so that I didn't sound like Holly at all). When the time came for the arrival of our slushes, I had let my hair down while Holly had thrown a towel over her head in the passenger seat. I'm still laughing just thinking about it again. I don't think we fooled anyone. Darn that button!!!




The only camera I had on me was on my cell phone. Here's what I was sitting next to in the car. hee hee
"Do you think they'll recognize me???" Um yeah


SUCCESS was ours! Ah, and those drinks were quite refreshing. Luckily, our drink orders were correct; I think we would've had to repark again if they hadn't been.

8 comments:

hoLLy said...

LOL. ok, so that picture of me peeking from the side of the blanket is scary. just plain scary. your camera phone warped my face! i look like something is wrong with me. oh wait, there is. . .

Shankar said...

What is it with Holly and fast-food joints? Her very presence scares them silly.

-Melissa- said...

that is too funny! LOL there is never a dull moment when you two are together. :)

Patty said...

That is soo.. funny. I was laughing out loud when I was reading it. You guys are hilarious. I'll have to make sure the boys read this when they get home.

Love ya,
Mom

Me said...

What a pain in the @**! You two are truly dedicated ~ I think I would have gone bezerks on that little red button! Ya'll are so funny, I love reading the adventures of the Smith sisters. What memories you two are making! Plus, you are showing Holly's girls what fun sisters can be and should be!

cyndi/mom/nana said...

I love your post. Sounds like you had a great time. Holly you look funny in a cute way. I agree I would have given up on the red button and possibly gone to the window and start tapping on it. Maybe you should become secret shoppers and do write ups on "customer service" wait that might be too much ok never mind just keep pushing that red button. Too funny.

Grammy Staffy said...

Sooo funny. We don't have Sonic around here.... maybe it is a good thing.

You have been tagged by me. Drop by my last post and pick up your meme instructions.

Have a good day.

ACDC2005 said...

THAT IS HILARIOUS! I absolutely love the pictures of Holly with the towel! Priceless!